As the popular saying goes, ‘The first impression is the last impression’, especially, when it comes to your home. And nothing can leave a lasting impression than an aesthetically pleasing front door.
Designing and getting all the elements right for a door is an essential part of the home design. Apart from the look factor, the main door plays an important role in protecting our privacy and ensuring our safety. The entrance door must be sturdy and should be able to withstand pest attacks and extreme weather conditions.
Whether you planning to buy a new house or thinking of redesigning your old crib, it is not too late to consider and invest in a stylish and fancy front door design that will set the right vibe.
Here are a few things you must consider before upgrading your entry door design:
1. Elaborate with grillwork: Be it a traditional artwork like the Warli or a quirky design, add grillwork to your exiting door and play around with frosted glass to make it stand out. You can also opt for a bold colour that compliments the grillwork and would set the tone for what’s inside. Not to forget, grills will only make your door more sturdy and secure. You can also upgrade your door frame into something like the below image to make it look a class apart.
2. Sidelights are in: Give your front door a makeover by adding a sidelight. It is one of the home improvement options worth considering. It not only gives a fancy look to your door but has its benefits – increases the amount of natural light into your home, a sense of openness and better view. If you are looking for more privacy, you can play up with stained or frosted glass.
3. Dual or double door: Yes, we understand, most of us today, relate double door to a refrigerator but let’s just ignore that for now. Consider having a dual door as your front door elevation. You can also transform your existing wooden door into this and play around with its design – add glass or fibreglass to make it look modern and fancy. Double doors instantly make your entryway stand out and a whole lot grand. Your guests will only feel welcomed to your humble abode. If you are residing in an independent house or a villa, a dual door can work like magic!
4. Detailed with woodwork: Wooden doors might be a common sight in most houses but even after many years, this remains to be a staple main door design. Give your old wooden door an artistic appeal by incorporating intricate floral woodwork. Many craftsmen specialise in such designs; the best part is, you can personalise it.
5. Panelled door with frosted glass: Adding frosted glass to your main door gives your crib a stylish twist. It has a very modern yet contemporary appeal. It is simple and functional and has got the eyes of many homeowners.
If you have the time and budget, consider opting for a designer door. You can customise it by adding your name, house number while incorporating unique door designs and get a modern house entrance.
P.S: While giving your entrance a breath-taking makeover, don’t forget to keep your safety in mind. Invest in safety door designs for your flats and independent houses as much as possible. Make sure your door is equipped with a 5 or 7 lever mortice deadlock.
All You Need To Know About Society Maintenance Charges In India When a new homeowner builds their dream home on a piece of plot, they